Monday, January 5, 2009

The ocean of life

Up ahead there was a long road,

I tried my best to stay afloat,

Neither I knew nor ever I tried,

To turn around and look for ground,

But when I noticed I was off far,

In the seas of uncertain wrath,

Venom was flowing in my veins,

And to cap it all, it started to rain.

I looked for cover but there were none,

Life now looked like a pun,

In this moment of despair, I came across

An end of a rope which was floating past,

The other end was out of sight,

I searched for it but it was already night,

The falling rain further blocked my vision,

I looked at it again but this wasn’t envision,

I started with the end and went in its direction,

The sea now was calmer and rain showed affection,

I swam and swam until the dawn,

Till when there was light and the wind was gone,

The sea now seemed as a huge green pearl,

Although I was weary but I had hope,

Cause across my waist there was a tied rope,

My joys caught the ninth heaven,

When a boat I found ready to be driven,

I jumped up on and took some rest,

I was tired, I was weary and I was wet,

When I woke up feeling dry and strong,

I started rowing and sang a song,

I rowed and rowed and rowed and rowed,

Went on and on and on and on,

But still I don’t understand what went wrong,

Cause I still am rowing …long forgotten the song,

Looking for the land which is nowhere to be seen,

I don’t know what all places I have been,

I caught a glass bottle a few days back,

It had a story written but had no tag,

I don’t know why I thought I knew the writing,

It resembled mine and I swear that was shocking,

Even the story it talked about was mine,

At the bottom of the bottle I found a dime,

I searched my pockets I had lost mine,

I still wonder who wrote my story,

And threw it away as if unholy,

I wonder why didn’t he wrote an end,

Please decipher this message for me, it seems god send,

By the time you are thinking about what went wrong,

I am trying to remember my old song,

And am still rowing on and on...

9 comments:

exploring myself said...

well written.....bohot kam chamka....par acccha hai.....[:P]

deshu said...

that is why i say u write dark

whenever i read ur poems its always that feeling of falling on and on and on that i get....
a monotony that it seems u wanna break out of

Believe said...

insightful...

walkingdead said...

love poems with dark endings....so liked urs..very well written :)
bas didnt get what was the good sent message...who bata de yaar :P

MyTh said...

accha likha hai be!

Unknown said...

As my neurons conjured....
1.The tangible God-send, the boat, should've been made to discharge its stipulated duties in the stipulated time frame...after which it was... but an ability which has seen the back of the sole/last opportunity. God provides the means...not the ends!
2.God is non-existent...we write our own stories and end them too...this story had ended the moment you decided to sleep...the rest is just blank tape! The bottle was like a dead albatross......life is endless...its quanta and forms are transient.

Unknown said...

And...that's a generous quantum of poetic genius!

Dilemma Personified said...

since i couldn't get much out of what u have written i will assume this was a compliment

Unknown said...

That is pretty certain :)